I WANT AN ABORTION.
We get it. You’re overwhelmed. You were not looking for this to happen. A pregnancy will change everything, so this is an important decision. But it’s a decision you don’t have to make alone. We’re here to walk you through the process. And at Source Medical it’s always your choice.
Before you seek an abortion appointment, or even if you already have an appointment, get all the information you can.
All services at Source Medical are confidential.
Here’s where we start:
- Make sure you’re pregnant – Before wrestling with all of the emotions that go into scheduling an abortion it’s important to verify that you’re actually pregnant. Even if you have taken a home pregnancy test, you need a medical quality pregnancy test to confirm it.
- Get an ultrasound – An ultrasound is imperative before considering abortion. Ultrasounds provide critical information to pinpoint date of conception. It also verifies viability of the pregnancy and assess likelihood of the pregnancy ending in a natural miscarriage. As 1 in 4 early pregnancies end in natural miscarriage this assessment will give you insight about whether or not you need to pursue an abortion.
- Know your options – There are many different abortion methods used at different stages of pregnancy. We can walk you through these options and help you understand what to expect with each abortion procedure and the associated risk factors.
What type of abortion should I get?
What is "The Morning After Pill?
What kind of abortion should I get?
How much does an abortion cost?
SOME WOMEN REPORT REGRETS AFTER HAVING AN ABORTION. THOSE REPORTING REGRET SAY THEY:
- Made the decision too fast
- Felt pressured to make the decision to abort
- Didn’t get enough information regarding their pregnancy before deciding
- Did not talk with anyone before making a choice
- Made the decision alone
WE’RE STILL HERE FOR YOU AFTER ABORTION.
If you have experienced a previous abortion, please know we care deeply and are here for you! It is not uncommon to deal with painful memories about a pregnancy crisis and abortion experience. Post-abortion stress is difficult to navigate on your own.
You don’t have to be alone. We’re here to listen to your feelings and offer the important support required to heal from a difficult time. Just as your body needs time to heal, your emotions need a process and a place without judgement so you so can express you thoughts and feel supported.
Are you or a friend suffering from post-abortion stress? Here are the most common signs we see:
- Guilt – Many who have wrestled hard to proceed with an abortion cannot help but experience guilt. Most commonly, they express this as a feeling that they themselves violated their own sense of right and wrong and do not know how to deal with these overwhelming emotions.
- Anxiety – Some people actually experience physical expressions of anxiety about their abortion experience. The most common symptoms we see are chronic headaches, dizziness, pounding heart, abdominal cramps, muscle tightness, and fitful sleep.
- Disconnection – The psychological need for numbing emotional pain can result in an unconscious vow to never let anything hurt this badly again. This resolve typically causes a retreating from community or relationships as the risk of repeated pain is perceived as too great. This experience only isolates people further and can worsen other symptoms.
- Depression – Sudden mood swings, overall sadness, uncontrollable crying episodes, deterioration of self-concept, sleep and appetite disturbances, reduced motivation, loss of normal sources of pleasure, thoughts of suicide have all been reported after abortion. These symptoms may happen for a period after the abortion or may be triggered by reminders about signifant dates like the anniversary date of the actual abortion, time of conception or due date of the aborted child.
- Excessive Worry – Some report they become obsessed with with becoming pregnant again and experience anxiety about whether they will ever become pregnant in the future when they are ready.
- Flashbacks – Current events triggering traumatic memories of the abortion.
- Bonding Difficulty – Trouble connecting with present and/or future children.
YOU DESERVE TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE WITH ASSURANCE; YOU CAN’T DO THAT WITHOUT HAVING ALL THE FACTS.
Breathe. You are not alone. We’ll help you take it all in and make an informed decision. Call 660-215-3024 for your completely confidential appointment.
Still too afraid to utter the words? Send us a private text message at 660-254-3399 and chat with someone who truly cares.
Whoever you are or whatever you’ve done, it will be ok, we understand. Whether you are male, female, straight, or gay we are here to provide answers about your sexual health. It doesn’t matter if you’ve just had sex for the first time or the hundredth time — we’re here for you.
Thinking about experimenting or unsure about your sexual health? We’re happy to have private conversations and address issues you find hard to talk about elsewhere.
We offer peace of mind that can only come with knowing the real facts and assessing your options. We want you to confidently make choices that are best for you and based on medical facts